As we work towards reopening our practice back to its normal hours of operation, we’ve combed through the guidelines and research presented by the CDC, PA DoH, ADA etc. regarding COVID-19 (2019 Novel Coronavirus). We’d like to share how we’re protecting you and our staff with these new procedures in place:
Transmission of COVID-19
The Centers for Disease Control and Protection (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH) informthat COVID-19 is easily transmittable and highly infectious. Transmission of the disease is thought to occur through respiratory droplets from an infected person landing in our nose, eyes and mouth.
Risk can be minimized, but not eliminated
None of us knows the precise nature of this virus; however, rest assured, we are doing everything possible to mitigate any risk to you or our team during treatment procedures by following CDC, OSHA, and Pennsylvania DOH guidance.
Even with extra-ordinary precautions, there is always some risk that cannot be avoided. Patients must assume the risk of contracting the virus while being treated in any dental office, despite that practice's best efforts to follow CDC and DOH guidance.
The dental industry's approach to infection control
Fortunately, the dental profession as a whole follows stringent infection control procedures, including strict sterilization protocols and barrier techniques such as gloves and masks. This is not new. Our office already follows these protocols, complies with CDC, DOH, and OSHA guidelines, and is now adding new infection control processes. Our approach goes WAY ABOVE and BEYOND all recommendations – because we want to keep everyone safe.
What we're doing now to protect you
We know that dental care is essential, NOT ONLY to your oral health but to your overall health, as well. Taking care of your oral health through regular hygiene visits will protect you from being vulnerable to COVID 19 and other diseases. Please view the video by Dr. Greenberg on our practice website for further details.
New systems and policies:
When you arrive at our office, you'll notice some changes to our standard protocol.
• Pre-visit health screening of all patients.
• Mobile Check In from your vehicle, so only one patient is permitted in the reception area to maintain social distancing
• Special procedures for patients entering and leaving the office, including taking your temperature and hand washing/sanitizing.
• Nasal spray to reduce or eliminate any viruses and other microbes located in the upper airway
• An antimicrobial mouth rinse will be provided before any dental care.
• Magazines and periodicals, which we cannot sanitize, are eliminated.
• Surgical Grade HEPA filtration systems are present to remove any bacteria, viruses, and aerosols in the vicinity.
• Our team is provided with N95/KN95 masks, disposable gowns, and face shields to treat every patient.
• High Speed suction during all procedures including cleanings, to minimize the dispersion of aerosols.
• Teledentistry: Many appointments, such as some consultations and post-op healing checks, may be scheduled remotely to minimize unnecessary contact and exposures for you.
Updated disinfecting procedures:
All of our counters and surfaces will be completely wiped and disinfected before and after each patient and at the start and end of every day.
All door handles and frequent touch surfaces are being disinfected frequently and scrupulously. To keep you safe, we have removed our magazines (as challenging to disinfect), but please feel free to bring your own reading materials or listen to your favorite podcast on your mobile device. We do ask that you wipe your mobile device off with sanitizer before you go back to a treatment room.
Let Us Hear from You: If you have an urgent dental need, or if you have a concern you would like to discuss, please contact our office at 610-520-0200. If necessary, we can set up a virtual face-to-face consultation using the most advanced telemedicine platforms.
Our New Office Procedures
Watch the video to learn what you can expect when you visit Villanova Dental Group post COVID-19.
The Importance of Dental Hygiene During the Pandemic
Inside Dental Hygiene spoke to Joseph Greenberg, DMD about recent CDC guidelines on COVID-19 and the importance of preventative dental treatments right now.
Safety Measures By Villanova Dental Group
Watch the video to learn about the safety measures we have taken here at Villanova Dental Group. Dr. Patel specifically talks about the medical-grade air purifier we have installed at several places in our dental office and how it is vital for the safety of our patients and staff.
How To Effectively Use A Face Mask
Dr. Patel Explains how to use a mask effectively in your daily life to ensure maximum safety.